Review: Cosrx Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence




"This Advanced Snail Gel Lotion is protects skin from moisture loss and keeps skin smooth, and healthy without the use of heavy oils"


I’m in love with snail skincare product when I first tried it which was back 2 years ago in the beginning of 2015 where I went in the trend of Korean’s Skincare Routine. My first full snail skincare routine was by the brand Mizon snail repair line which includes: all in one cream, to an ampule, to a gel cream and an eye cream which all contains snail filtrates as the ingredient.

The reason I love skincare product which contain snail filtrates are it helps a lots with my acne in prevention, treating, healing and acne pigmentation. Also it helps with the overall skin tone, the texture of my skin, and the water to oil balance of my skin. So it’s an ‘all in one’ ingredient for me because it has so many benefits and lets see what Cosrx snail essence would do for my skin?


Product Information 




“Real Power Essence raising the innate strength of the skin”

Advanced snail 96 Mucin Power Essence is created from nutritious, low-stimulation filtered snail mucin and other great ingredients, in order to improve damaged skin.

The filtered snail mucin contained in Advanced snail 96 mucin power essence penetrates under the skin into the invisible, working against damaged skin. This 96% concentrated ingredient keeps you skin moist all day and finds your lost skin vitality.




How to use:
On the forehead and the nose, lightly touch so as not cause heaviness. On the cheek, spread a generous amount and rub enough to soak into the skin. For under eye area, tap as if playing the piano, to make the skin absorb the essence.



Ingredients:
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Butylene Glycol,1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Arginine, Allantoin, Ethyl Hexanediol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol





Review


The bottle came in a frosty design in a hard plastic material with a black pump and a clear lid. Very simple design and it has a look of elegance in the packaging. It has a pump as a dispenser and a lid for protection. I always love simple design, a see through bottle and with a pump because translucent bottle allows you to know how much product you have left and a pump it’s a hygienic and easy to dispense the product out. 



It doesn’t have any to little scent, I can still smell a faint-light scent but it’s a hard scent to describe because its quiet light and no scent at all when applied on my skin. That’s a big plus for me in my skincare product book because I don’t like product that have fragrance scent to it but if it has natural scent then I’m happy with but just not perfumey or fragrance scent. 




The liquid dispense out in a clear gel type, the consistence is stretchy similar to a clear gel glue but it doesn’t feel sticky at all. When its spread on my skin, I can still feel the stretchy texture but that makes the liquid glide around my skin easily. Its texture feels more like a serum/ampule because it comes out a bit thicker than most essence. I think because it’s made with high concentration of snail secretion filtrate it gives a stretchy and thicker consistency. 





After applying, it feels soothing but it’s also lightweight even though it has a gel like consistency. It's very easily spread due to it’s slimy texture (keep in mind that it’s made out of snail filtrate) when it’s all spread evenly around my face the slimy and stretchy texture is gone and it drys down to a plump and moist skin texture. It feels like it forms a protective moisture layer on my face which make my face feels bouncy, fill with moisture, hydrated, soft to the touch and very smooth. 






It does takes around a few minutes to absorb into my skin because I apply a toner and a first essence before this essence and I admit I do apply just a bit more than most people maybe? Because I just love the texture and the finish of this snail essence. I do have oily skin but it’s also dehydrated so I love hydrating products. When this essence completely absorb into my skin which takes awhile, it gives a smooth finish, no residue or what so ever, and no stickiness at all that’s why I love snail skincare products. 






I use this essence after my Goodal Waterest First Essence and my Etude House Moistfull Collagen Toner. I use it twice daily morning and evening routine with 2 pump each time. It took me around 3 months to finish the 100 ml bottle. 



Final thought: 
I do like this Essence but I felt it’s just a bit nourishing for my skin but it didn't break me out due to my dehydrated skin, maybe if I use it right after my toner it would absorb much quicker and it would hydrates my skin enough to move on to the serum step. But because I do layer 2 hydrating product on before this essence that’s why I feel my skin isn’t absorbing this essence that quickly. It’s really an excellent product for people who is new to skincare to just use this essence and a cream then it would be enough for them throughout the day or people who doesn’t have time or doesn’t like too much product on their skin would love this essence because it has many benefits for the skin and suits most skin types. 



So what did this snail essence do to my skin?

My overall skin tone and texture would get better and smoother. It looks more healthy and radiant, and not as dull compare to my skin tone before. It also balance my water and oil level which my skin is not good at, at all. This essence really just soothes and calms my skin which in turns it helps with my acne to heal a bit quicker. 


Does it do what it claim? 

Yes it does, it states to help with “working against damaged skin and improve it” “keeping your skin moist and bring back skin vitality”. 
This snail essence seems to repair my skin deep within because I would get less acne whenever I use snail ingredient products. And my skin would get less oily during the day if I use this essence because my skin is moist therefore less oil is produce. So it does what it claims to do and it's a product that is suitable for trouble skin like me.


I recommend this essence especially for dry skin types or combination with dry skin or oily skin with dehydrated skin issues. Oily skin type might find this a bit nourishing for their skin and I would recommend the Mizon ampoule or the Mizon all in one snail cream which is lighter.




Where you can purchase the product from?



These website I have personally purchase from and recommend.







Disclaimer:I purchase this item myself, it’s not sponsored and I do not make any money from writing this. Product informations it’s either from the product package or I will leave a link stating where I got the information from. Picture are taken by me.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MyHuo.net Haul

Review: L'herboflore Lychee Translucent Hydromask